Friday, March 06, 2009

Turn on a dime

In the last three days, I think I was a little manic, or Carrie Fisher is, as she admits, catching.
I did read her latest book, Wishful Drinking, and really liked it a lot.
After Tuesday, having a turn around through a dream about a specific perception I'd been carrying around, I went on to pee in a cup on Wednesday for my annual physical exam. I then cried while doing the dishes on Thursday because I found out my cat has renal (kidney) disease (see #1 of my 25 Things list posted Feb 4th, below) - Thursday night is another story for some never other day....and today was just like a breath of fresh air.

There are joyful moments in the mundane chaos of life. I'm almost tempted to say care-free but that is not the right sentiment because I am full of care, for myself, my loved ones, the world at large. But today felt like a brand new day where chaos can subside and anything is possible.

I feel a calmness in the face of the unknown future that lays ahead of me, an exhilarating settling-in of accepting life as it is now...tomorrow may suck, but this moment is perfect just the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment