Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Cadbury creme eggs, untidy cat, and dreams, baby, dreams

1. I'm addicted to creme eggs, love the fake yolk centers, and that chocolate is the most desirable on the planet as far as massed produced goes...
2. My lovely, fair cat likes to drink water by licking off a paw she dunks in her water glass, which then also drips all over the floor.
3. I woke up from a dream this morning that at first glance was fairly disturbing. But then, after I gave myself some time and distance from it, I realized it was an ingenious way of my brain pointing out an invaluable lesson to me.
And how do you like that? My brain actually trying to help! I take it experience is either finally sinking in, or Pema Chodron's book is impacting me in ways I wasn't realizing....or as most things, probably both and a few more.

And I went back to work on My work today, which feels excellent. The pages are there, opened to where I'll continue putting the story together, as I add in more bits and pieces and then to take off wherever it will lead. I am excited by the characters, by the intent evident so far and am lately wondering why I don't put much of my poetry up anywhere. (Random I know but see what I am getting at with my brain?) The last post below being the current exception.

It's not on my feeble website, nor Facebook. Well correction, there is a prose poem of sorts on my website, but it's not that good. And I mean that in a "it's a gut feeling when a poem is good or not" kind of way. Surviving Quicksand wouldn't be a bad performance piece, but I have avoided performing poetry readings for a while since the only ones I know by heart are old ones.
It takes awhile for me to memorize. A terrible excuse I know. The not so terrible excuse is that I get bad stage fright every time, and that's alot since I used to do readings weekly.

So more poetry to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment