Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The "25 things on Facebook" phenomena

I did my 25 things but didn't widely publish it on Facebook. I'd rather use Facebook to reconnect or stay in touch with friends. If you want to know about me other than that, you'll just have to read the old blog here.

There's a richness in life changes that is overwhelming at times. Change for good or bad...how do we explore it, express it, assimilate it into who we were, who are we now?
The daily minutiae of living has an impact on my perception of where I am on my journey in this life. Moving to a new apartment, a new neighborhood doesn't change who I am, but it changes those little details of things I do that are formed by who I am and opportunity. Imagination comes into play, what shall I do with the new opportunities presented? I live closer to the ocean, will oceanside walks become more frequent than before? Will I just walk or stop and look? Exercise or Observation?
Are eider ducks just winter residents or are they a type of skelkie searching for their lost loves?
Do Northern Robins wear down underwear or are their feathers just different colors?

It's rebuilding, reaffirming and revitalizing to have a fresh change of pace. Paces get old and weary and something is bound to be not what you thought it was. My Zen calendar tells me to remember that, there is always something that is not what you thought.
Stop trying to make reality too real. And for me in particular, bring clarity to discernment of what is really there at all.

So here's 25 things
1. I love my cat profoundly.
2. There's way to much white in interiors and never enough hooks to hang stuff.
3. the ocean is a soothing balm and I can't live without it.
4. I really want to get published (again) but it frightens me a little.
5. I love and hate being alone
6. I'm addicted to Rite-Aid brand chocolate covered peanuts
7. I kick ass at making a place "My" space
8. our society really scares me sometimes.
9. Intellectually I don't get Jesus
10. #9 was tough in theology school
11. going to theology school was one of the most amazing things I've done
12. if god truly wanted to suffer he'd have come to Earth as a woman, see Mary.
13. I really believe in the thing most people call "god".
14. I don't have a good name for divinity yet, but it's all about the mystery anyway.
15. All these "I" statements are not aesthetically pleasing
16. My new neighbor just brought over some Toll House cookies she made.
17. I love Rockport.
18. I don't really want to think of any more things to list.
19. So I'm stopping now.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:01 PM

    It's easier to read this blog when you are writing more on it. Good to see you posting a bit more. :-)

    Hang in there, Sistermine. You are doing right be yourself.

    ReplyDelete