Sunday, February 22, 2009

More thoughts on Being

I'm complicated, but in a very simple straight-forward way. It's only because I've lived a very varied life, and there's a lot of different and sometimes extreme experiences behind this 'me' of the present moment. This isn't unique, we've all got this in some form. So how do we move about seemingly so integrated and seamless when we're this complex design of impulses drafted from the memory of thousands of decisions?
As some say it's because only the present moment actually exists, but the existential question is still there, I am not remade in each moment - am I?? It doesn't feel like that. Rather I respond to the present moment based on my response to all the previous moments.
Does my brain relive my entire life in an instantaneous moment to react to something new? Or are we creatures of instinct, habit?
Both. See complicatedly simple.

Because it's when we recognize our patterns of decisions that we empower ourselves to change, grow and mature into our lives.
I'm giving the god all my old patterns, he can hold them in safekeeping. I'm making some new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment