Monday, March 22, 2010

This is the blog of my angst

Apparently.

Again with the violence. I have no tolerance for the petty mean spiritedness that pervades some mind sets, especially within my own family. There is a crassness that invades with words, which then shape thought and produce behaviors and actions that someone always ends up affronted by...I detest the feelings of control in some that feed off the vulnerability of their surroundings.
It makes me feel threatened, as if my own peace of mind can be carried off by the malfeasance of someone's error. Because it is error, a wrongness to be right, a never-ending condescension of a world unworthy.
The smallness of it is frighteningly pity-producing and inescapably disturbing. All of this compounded by cognitive dysfunction in one individual in particular. I have distanced myself in someways, but in others there will never be enough distance. I will be disillusioned about him for the rest of my days, and regret his life story for him. I still don't believe in forgiving the unforgivable. There are others ways, an understanding, an empathy that can be an outreach of sorts, I have little else to give in that respect.
The world is too small and life too short for this to be acceptable. My entire life will be a 'No' to violence, while I affirm the life-giving, beautiful outreach that can be a gentle touch.

1 comment: